Nassau County NY Business Law Attorney
Our firm advises and represents companies and entrepreneurs with a broad range of business related services. We advise our clients on business law, start-up assistance relating to the formation of an entity, the protection of a trademark or license agreement and assist with buying or selling a business.
Business Startup Services
Starting a business requires thorough planning. Our firm assists business owners in the formation of legally sound business entities and help entrepreneurs devise business strategies that help them achieve their goals. We advise on the business startup and formation process including issues related to selection of entity type and jurisdiction.
- C-corporation formation
- S-corporation formation
- Limited liability company (LLC) formation
- Partnership formation (including LLP)
- Stock purchases
- Asset purchases
- Joint ventures
We also consult with business owners and draft shareholder agreements or partnership agreements as part of the entity formation process.
Buying and Selling Businesses
Our firm can guide business owners in the multi-stage process of buying or selling a business including:
- Advising on the structure of the transaction
- Negotiation of terms and drafting of the deal memorandum
- Advising sellers on legal strategies to address issues raised during the due diligence process
- Advising buyers on conducting legal due diligence
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating the extensive documentation involved in a business transaction, such as asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements and security agreements
Preparation and Review of Business Contracts
Our firm consults with business owners to draft, review, and negotiate contracts related to various business activities, including:
- Buy-sell agreements
- Lease agreements
- Service contracts
- Releases and waivers
- Property agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Operating agreements
With offices in New York City and Mineola, NY, the attorneys and lawyers at Business Law Firm LLC assist clients with buying and selling businesses, financing businesses, operating businesses and forming businesses and partnerships for clients in the greater New York area including Manhattan (NYC), Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Suffolk County and Long Island.